The Spot Overview
Tuesday, October 30th!
What is THE SPOT? The place to be on Tuesday, October 30th! The hub of show floor activities at the Building Industry Show (BIS)
- Hear industry leaders on plans and projections for 2014
- Visit with specialized professionals (including Builder Reps)
- Hang out and catch up at the Wi-Fi Lounge
- Don’t lose charge and miss that important call; visit the Charging Station
- Get informed on BIA membership and activities
- End the day here at the BIS Bash Reception
Below is a listing of last year's (2012) Spotlights. Stay tuned for this years spotlights!
10:45 am - Going Social & Making Sales
Integrating social media with online and off-line media can make a BIG difference in the results of your promotional events. A model grand opening re-launch for the Row at ThreeSixty in South Bay is a perfect case study on how to successfully apply such a strategy to generate "buzz." Hear how Wm. Lyon Homes partnered with Community to create and implement a campaign in which social media played a key role in generating amazing results that outperformed initial expectations.
- Kelly Borgen, Chief Buzz Creator, Get Community, Inc.
- Janet Kemmerer, Regional Vice President of Marketing, William Lyon Homes
11:15 am - Successful use of iPads in Sales Office
- Joan Marcus-Colvin, Senior Vice President Sales, Marketing & Design, The New Home Company
- Steve Greco, Business Development Manager, Focus 360
11:45 am - Trends and Real-Time Activity in Land - How Are You Adapting to the "New" Land Market
- Thomas Doyle, Principal, Whittlesey Doyle Real Estate Land Brokers
2:00 pm - Value PlanningThe purpose of Value Planning is to identify a product mix and conceptual physical land plan that maximizes a property's Land Residual Value ("LRV"). The maximum LRV is derived by minimizing land development costs — with such tools as specialized grading software — identifying potential lot premiums and applying optimization mathematics to determine the best product mix and land uses for a parcel. Unlocking a higher LRV will allow a buyer to bid higher for a parcel of land.
- Scot Oldham, Vice President, Developers Research
2:30 pm - Use of Intelligent White Boards in Sales Office
Sharp Business Systems installed a 60" Aquos board in the Veranda sales office, by Shea Homes. This touch screen monitor provides a brilliant HD display showing off the excellent interactive software provided by Focus 360. With the combined efforts of Shea Homes, Focus 360 and Sharp we have created a wonderful customer experience. You can see and experience this for yourself at the Veranda sales office in Aliso Viejo.
- Janet Benavidez, Shea Homes and Mark Meadows, Branch Account Executive, SHARP
Thursday, October 25th
The first ever on floor reception for attendees and exhibitors to toast to a successful event.
Add BIS Bash to my calendar.